Proper food preparation, storage, and handling practices are essential in preventing foodborne illness. Education, training, and monitoring of all staff and volunteers involved in food service, as well as establishing effective infection control and quality assurance programs help maintain safe food handling practices in the healthcare setting. As culture change progresses and our nursing homes transform into more home-like environments, most employees will be involved in food service.
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions welcomes you to take a look at our online training solutions including programs focused on CNAs, Med Aides, Dining Assistants and Patient Care Techs. Contact us for details regarding online education with Avera Education & Staffing Solutions. Phone: 605-668-8475.
This course provides information concerning meditech training for long term care.
This program developed by Avera Education & Staffing Solutions presents information to professionals who will train other staff such as CNAs and Med Aides. Estimated completion time of this course: 3 hours 30 minutes. It consists of reading a 44-page document, watching 14 presentations based on the 44-page document, 14 short quizzes, taking a 10-question test and completing an evaluation.
Here are the course objectives:
- Describe essential skills needed to facilitate.
- Recall the concepts and generalization in learning, and the laws and rules of learning.
- Recognize a training development model and how it is used.
- Discover Adult Learning Principles.
- Examine the characteristics of effective speaking.
- Identify how to develop a training session, essential components of an effective training session, and the importance of evaluation of the training and trainer.
Here you can view preview some of the continuing education products Avera Education & Staffing Solutions offers on DVD.