This course focuses on the topic of sexuality in older adults in the long-term care facility setting. Objectives include: recognize the meaning and functions of sexuality for older adults; identify barriers for residents' sexual needs; discuss strategies to help residents appropriately express their sexual needs and more. The course consists of four narrated presentations totaling 40 minutes and 7 handouts. Total course time estimated to be 60 minutes.
As a direct care giver, the nurse, nursing assistant, medication aide and other non-nursing department care partners are key in the prevention of pressure injuries. It takes a team of individuals, not just nursing staff to work together to prioritize this very important element of excellence in health care.
Proper food preparation, storage, and handling practices are essential in preventing foodborne illness. Education, training, and monitoring of all staff and volunteers involved in food service, as well as establishing effective infection control and quality assurance programs help maintain safe food handling practices in the healthcare setting. As culture change progresses and our nursing homes transform into more home-like environments, most employees will be involved in food service.
This program developed by Avera Education & Staffing Solutions presents information to professionals who will train other staff such as CNAs and Med Aides. Estimated completion time of this course: 3 hours 30 minutes. It consists of reading a 44-page document, watching 14 presentations based on the 44-page document, 14 short quizzes, taking a 10-question test and completing an evaluation.
Here are the course objectives:
- Describe essential skills needed to facilitate.
- Recall the concepts and generalization in learning, and the laws and rules of learning.
- Recognize a training development model and how it is used.
- Discover Adult Learning Principles.
- Examine the characteristics of effective speaking.
- Identify how to develop a training session, essential components of an effective training session, and the importance of evaluation of the training and trainer.