This course focuses on the topic of sexuality in older adults in the long-term care facility setting. Objectives include: recognize the meaning and functions of sexuality for older adults; identify barriers for residents' sexual needs; discuss strategies to help residents appropriately express their sexual needs and more. The course consists of four narrated presentations totaling 40 minutes and 7 handouts. Total course time estimated to be 60 minutes.
This program developed by Avera Education & Staffing Solutions presents information to professionals who will train other staff such as CNAs and Med Aides. Estimated completion time of this course: 3 hours 30 minutes. It consists of reading a 44-page document, watching 14 presentations based on the 44-page document, 14 short quizzes, taking a 10-question test and completing an evaluation.
Here are the course objectives:
- Describe essential skills needed to facilitate.
- Recall the concepts and generalization in learning, and the laws and rules of learning.
- Recognize a training development model and how it is used.
- Discover Adult Learning Principles.
- Examine the characteristics of effective speaking.
- Identify how to develop a training session, essential components of an effective training session, and the importance of evaluation of the training and trainer.